Friday, October 15, 2004

You know it's a good day when...

I didn't have time to write yesterday or the past few days because the schoolwork here has been pretty rough lately. However, I just have to comment about what made yesterday such a great day. I took a nap after school since I didn't have to go to march-on practice (yesssss), and I accidentally forgot to set my alarm. I woke up at 6:20, only 10 minutes before I had to be at Alumni Hall for glee club practice. Not only that, I was starving and needed some dinner. So I threw on my blue and gold jogging suit and headed for a quick stop at Dahlgren to grab my usual slice of pizza and cookie. Dahlgren is a frequent haunt of mine, and like the Hart room, one of the major money guzzlers on the yard. However, it's often one of the most convenient place to go because of my glee club and tennis schedule. So anyway, I went to the pizza line (like always---I never go to the sandwich line...I don't have enough patience to wait for those ladies) and asked for a slice. Like most take-out places, pizza pies aren't always cut with precision and some pieces are definitely bigger than others. Since I only order one slice, I normally determine the kind of pizza I get by the size of the free slices on each of the pies. This doesn't guarantee that I'll get the big slice though. I've actually had one of the Dahlgren ladies pull a slice apart from the rest of the pizza just so she could give me the small slice. Boy does that burn my cookies! Last night was different though. For the first time, the guy working behind the counter actually searched for the largest slice in the pie and pulled it out from between a bunch of slices!! Talk about a major pick-me-up!! That really made my day! Maybe the Dahlgren workers do have hearts inside of them. After I got my pizza, I grabbed on of my favorite cookies and a soda, settled down in a booth, scarffed down my dinner, hurried off to glee club, and only made it there 10 minutes late. Oh, the little things that make me happy!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home