Thursday, September 23, 2004

Do I live in a bubble?

I was talking to my sister tonight, and she mentioned the fact that school was cancelled for her again tomorrow. I immediately assumed that is was for one of the Jewish High Holy Days that public schools in South Florida always break for, but as we continued our conversation, I realized that there is another hurricane coming straight for my hometown AGAIN! I don't know how I've made it these past days without realizing. Perhaps it's the craziness that goes on here 24/7 that has me all wrapped up. Anyway, I'm often told I live in a bubble. Here are a couple of things I'm completely in the dark about (besides Hurricane Jeanne):

1. I had never heard of Ali G. until yesterday. Even western civ prof commented about my lack of world awareness because of this one.

2. I've never participated in snow sports, i.e. skiing, snowboarding. Perhaps this is because I had never seen snow until I came to Annapolis.

3. Boys.

4. Movies. My roommate cringes everytime she hears of another famous movie I've never seen. Examples of flicks I've never watched include Office Space, Braveheart, any Indiana Jones movie, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Old School, basically anything you can think of.

1 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger lisaface said...

See, if you didn't watch "You've Got Mail" every other weekend, you could fit in Office Space and Braveheart... two of the greatest movies in the history of mankind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home