Sunday, October 03, 2004

Woah!

I was going to write a big long anecdote about everything that’s happened over the past four days, but it was getting WAY too long. I’ve decided to limit myself to a top 10 list:

1. The pain of PRK surgery has a funny way of uniting 13 relative strangers.

2. Navy’s victory over Air Force was still sweet even though the way I “watched” the game consisted of me laying down on a couch in the dark wardroom with my sunglasses on and a T-shirt over my head. I could kind of hear the announcers on TV, but the way I mostly gauged how the team was doing was by listening to the cheers/curses of the people watching in the wardroom with me.

3. I knew the eye pain was at its worst when I couldn’t see or read well enough to write my name on the sign-in sheet for the shuttle for my post-op check-up Friday morning. I asked the plebe girl next to me to write my name for me, but I was so blind that I didn’t even recognize her as being from my company, my platoon even! I even told her my last name and spelled it out for her like she didn’t know who I was!

4. The surgeon told me that I was the best at “fixating” my eyeball on the laser. No one else held a candle to my fixating, he said. Woowoo….something else I can add to my short list of “skills.” I don’t know if being a good fixator will really get me very far in life, but I’m proud of it. I guess that means I’m pretty good at staring people down. Just like using numchucks is one of Napoleon Dynamite’s “skills,” fixating can be one of mine!

5. I’ve told this one to a few people already, and it is SOO true. With each dollar I spent at the mall on Saturday, the less pain I felt. Talk about retail therapy at its best! I walked into the mall being sensitive to the light but after I had bought a movie ticket, a jean skirt from Nordstrom’s, 5 shirts from the Gap (on sale!), and a CD, a book, and a magazine from Border’s, I didn’t even need my sunglasses anymore! Woo!

6. I took Getamac's advice and went to see "First Daughter (went alone again-- dah)." I can't decide if I liked it or "Wimbledon" better; both were equally cheesy and unrealistic, which makes them all the more appealing! One thing is for sure though. Forget Katie Holmes! The main dude in "First Daughter" definitely wins the hotness points compared to the dude from "Wimbledon."

7. Being able to wear normal clothes and having an AWESOME floor seat at a concert dramatically increases its entertainment value. (and boy did I look hot!)

8. Julie Roberts, Chris Cagle, and Rascal Flatts were SUPER!

9. I got hot guy from Rascal Flatt’s autograph…yeah, you know the one. He was good looking, but I have to say the one major turnoff was the large amount of “product” he had in his hair. Metrosexuals…blah.

10. Eye surgery, a shopping spree, and a cool country concert all in one weekend is exhausting!

2 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger Ruthie said...

Grace Grace Grace,
I went to see Garden State WEEKS ago after you told me I had to see it!!! Golly wolly.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger elementsix said...

i'll pay $50 for Rascall Flatt's autograph. i love that band

 

Post a Comment

<< Home