Saturday, October 09, 2004

It just HAD to happen...

Well, here it is, the start of yet another weekend. Not a long weekend for us, but a weekend nevertheless. People here take weekends here very seriously, especially ones like this when there is not a football game to eat up our entire Saturday. I didn't make any huge plans for this weekend though, partly because I'm Ruthie and I'm not good at making big plans and I'm not the hugest party animal, but mostly, it was because I was supposed to have tennis matches on both Saturday and Sunday. I had actually really wanted to sign up for the Catholic Midshipman Club retreat, which I ALWAYS go on each semester, but I decided that tennis had to be my priority, and I was completely okay with it. So anyway, a week or two ago, the team we were supposed to play on Sunday cancelled on us, which was fine...I figured I still had the match on Saturday to look forward to. Boy was I wrong! The other team called at 5:45 last night to cancel for today! Agh! Just my luck. I actually had a sneaky feeling that this team would cancel. We've had them on our schedule every year since I've been here, and every year they've cancelled. My plebe year it was because the sniper was out and about, and their school said they weren't allowed to drive here, but still, they've never made it. But no matter how good my psychic skills were, they still cancelled, and I'm now left with a weekend with nothing to do. I just keep telling myself that there was nothing I could have really done, and that there must be a reason God made it so I didn't go on the CMC retreat. Hopefully that reason becomes apparent, and VERY SOON!!! Oh well, there are still things to fill the weekend with...like homework, going to the coffee shop, or maybe even another movie alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home