Monday, July 18, 2005

Sometimes it's hard to be a Ruthie

I try to go through life and blend in with the crowd. Being just an average Jane would be a-okay with me. However, the more I think about it, the more I think I belong in the "Born Loser" comic strip. You know how most people can play it cool, going through life without bringing attention to themselves for doing or saying something stupid? Well, that's not me. I think I am the master of being that person who unknowingly walks around with toilet paper stuck to the bottom of her shoe.

For instance, I am now sitting at my computer with a bruised left butt cheek. It hurts like heck! You see, this morning I was cleaning my floor with my roommate and another friend, and we had the entire floor space covered with industrial strength floor stripper. And when I say "industrial strength," I mean this floor stripper will eat the skin off your hands and knees. We even decided that in order to expedite the process, we wouldn't even dilute the solution to 10 parts for every 1 part of cleaner. Now, the floor was obviously a little slippery, and I THOUGHT I was being careful when I was walking across the floor. However, being the ungraceful person that I am, as I tried to cross the floor to scrub the corners under one of the desks, I slipped and totally ate it, landing on my left hip...yowsers!

So there I was, feeling like a fool and lying in a puddle of liquid that is supposed to burn my skin off before my very eyes!! My roommate and buddy were immediately like, "Ruthie, get out of here!!" So, I ran to the bathroom and scrubbed myself. I think I did an okay job because my skin is still intact. It did burn for a little while; however, I don't think the cleaner harmed my skin as much as the fumes killed my brain cells.

I was eventually allowed back in the room to help clean, but not without strict supervision. Gee whiz, I really am a winner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home