Sunday, July 10, 2005

Can I buy you a votive candle?

Don't ask me how I found these because I don't really remember, but the other day I came across a website (or 2) with a list of Catholic pick-up lines. I still don't know if I think they're funny or totally weird. Here's a sampling of the most notable ones, good and bad:

1) Those are the most beautiful scapular brown eyes you have.

2) Can I buy you a votive candle?

3) What's a good girl like you doing in a confessional like this?

4) I'd like to study the theology of YOUR body. (I think this one is a little too PG to be considered a "Catholic" pick-up line.)

5) My Sacred Heart statue started beating faster when I saw you.

6) Didn't I see your face on a holy card?

I'm not completely sure how I would react if someone used one of these on me. I'm guessing I would either start crying, fall over laughing, or close my eyes, scrunch my nose, and put my fingers in my ears to block out the presence of the complete creeepo standing in front of me. There was only one pick-up line that really appealed to me. I wish I could say that it's head and shoulders above all the rest of them, but it's actually just as cheesy as the ones above and is actually not much better than "my guardian angel thinks you're cute." So, in order to spare the suspense....here it is...Ruthie's favorite Catholic pick-up line:

"I lost my rosary. May I please use your fingers?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home