Sunday, November 28, 2004

I'm Back!!

So, I'm finally back blogging. I really don't have time to be doing it this week, but what the hay... I don't feel like doing the gobs of homework that I have to do. I'm feeling peppy and refreshed after a long Thanksgiving weekend at home, so here's to blogging... and to heck with homework!!

I could spend a while discussing the humor of spending the holiday weekend at home with the family members that now live in my house, which includes my immediate family plus my two grandmothers and my grandma's cousin. Three women over the age of 80!! woowoo!!! What could be better than that?! They actually have a special name....the Silver Foxes... how perfect is that?! It actually lends itself to some pretty humorous situations...old ladies can really get competitive with one another, and about the silliest things ever!!

But instead, I'll write about one of the funniest things that happened all break, which happened tonight, AFTER I returned to school. As usual, my dad put me on an early flight back to Maryland, and I was back at school HOURS before liberty expired. I thought about starting my homework, but I ended up piddling around, doing basically nothing for a while. I was talking to my wise and incredibly beautiful friend Chastity, and she suggested I go to the hockey game to pass the time. "Hmm," I thought to myself, "I COULD do that." So, I rounded up a couple of friends and headed to the game.

So my buddy Matt (his pic is in a few posts back) and I found a bench to sit on, right next to a pretty girl sitting all by herself. Matt sat in the middle in between the girl and me, and immediately started ignoring me and trying his "game" on her. Needless to say, from what I could tell at the time, he was doing pretty well...conversation and what not was going well. He told me later that she had told him that she was there to watch a Navy hockey player, but that she was not dating him and was not his girlfriend. Hmm...sounds a little shifty to me. Anyway, when we were getting ready to leave at the end of the first period, Matt leans over to me and says, "Hey Ruthie, do you have a pen in your purse?"

"Uh, no, I don't think so," I said as I reached for it. As I looked into my purse and found a pen, I realized WHY he was asking for it. I said to him, "You're gonna have to ask for her number soon because we're leaving."

He replied, "Don't worry, I'm just waiting for the perfect time." Perfect time my fanny. He then proceeded to have a conversation with her that I couldn't hear, but I could tell he was successful because I saw her scribbling her number on a scrap of paper. He later filled me in that when he asked her for her number, she said, "(giggling) You know I'm here to watch someone playing down there." He replied, "Yes, I know, and I'm SURE he'll have a big problem with this." Apparently after that comment, she giggled again, and proceeded to give him her number.

Ah, yes, and to top it all off, when I got back to my room, he IMed me to say, "Ruthie, you can invite me to go to hockey games with you ANYTIME."

Wow. What is wrong with this picture?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home